Jodie's Joint

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sirens and Lights



Thursday morning I was doing some wash. I was home alone and I had just started the dryer when the most horrible high pitched sound started. It wasn't a beep at all - it was a consistent high pitched alarm. After I got my heart beat under some bit of control, I started to look around to see where the sound was coming from. I found it to be a carbon monoxide alarm. I went upstairs to find a screw driver and took the battery out and of course it quit. I played with the battery for a minute and put it back in and the alarm stopped, so I took it back downstairs and about a minute later, the alarm started sounding again. It made me a little nervous so I called the fire department and explained to them that I didn't have an emergency but I would like them to come and check the carbon monoxide levels in my home because the alarm is going off. I once again told the lady that I was not feeling ill, and that it was not an emergency, but I just would rather be safe than sorry.

About 3 minutes later I heard sirens! I just had a feeling that they were coming to my house. I looked outside and sure enough an ambulance and a fire truck pulled up to my house with their sirens roaring and their lights on. HOW EMBARRASSING!!! They came charging in my house running around from room to room to see what the carbon monoxide levels were. Luckily the levels were at "0" and everything was fine. I told them that they were embarrassing me and all my neighbors would be calling to see what was going on at our home. They left about 5 minutes later and I was right, the Relief Society President called to see if we were OK. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the network of people that are always there to help out, but I was quite embarrassed with the entire ordeal.

4 Comments:

Anonymous cw said...

It is called "Fireman with not much to do". When I lived in N.O. my daughter Nikki's car started on fire. They sent 3 fire trucks and 26 fireman. But then I am married to a fireman.....and he gets embarrassed when things like this happen....says it makes them look bad. Glad everything is OK...Funny story. cw

October 1, 2008 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Lauralee said...

Oh my gosh! That is so funny! (I would be embarrassed too!)

October 1, 2008 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Were the firemen cute? ;)

October 3, 2008 at 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Mallorey said...

ha ha i love it!

October 8, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home