Jodie's Joint

Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is just not my favorite holiday! I don't enjoy dressing up and I really don't like coming up with costume ideas. That being said... I did have a nice Halloween.

My mom always throws a fun Halloween party. Every year she plans games and plans something scary for the kids. The kids love to be scarred and they always tell here that she won't scare them anymore, but every year she comes up with something to scare them and they love it. Some things she has done are....

One year, while we were eating, some scarry character came running in with a chain saw that was going.

One year, the kids had to go on a scavenger hunt and people would jump out of the ditches to scare them or a dummy would be sitting on the porch and jump out at them.

One year, she had a "haunted house".

One time, a couple of the kids even wet their pants - but that didn't stop them, the next year they wanted it even scarrier. It is quite fun.

This year we ate dinner, played some games, had a scarry story and then went to a deserted house where there were "ghosts" that scarred the kids, and then came back and watched a scary movie. Thanks mom for always going to so much work and planning a fun party every year.



This year we went as a "Goth" family.




My sister and I decided to be "Twins".



Halloween night we had a lot of fun scarring the "older" kids that came trick or treating to our house. Craig was sitting on the porch looking like a "dummy" and the kids would come to the door and he would scare them. Morgan had a few friends over that night and he really got them. It was a fun night.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodie,
What a fun night. I have to tell you that I never liked Halloween either until "Marcy" came around. She loved it so much and made it sound so fun that it cured me. And now with the Grandkids, it is even more fun. I hope I wasn't a "witch" about Halloween when my kids were little.

November 3, 2008 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Jodie that looks like fun! I getting exciting for my kids to get older so I won't feel so bad scaring them.

November 6, 2008 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Great Idea - with Craig dressing up as the dummy. I am going to do that next year! I'm not a big fan of Halloween, but I love scaring kids (older kids) :)

November 6, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home